CANADIAN TIRE’S PRIVACY STATEMENT
- Canadian Tire is committed to protecting and caring for your personal information that we obtain through your customer relationship with us. This statement highlights how Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited and its family of companies collects, uses and discloses your personal information. Canadian Tire means Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited and its family of companies including Canadian Tire Bank, Canadian Tire Services Limited, Canadian Tire Real Estate Limited, Mark’s, FGL Sports Ltd., Canadian Tire Petroleum and PartSource. Canadian Tire also includes any successors or subsidiaries of or any organization acquired by these companies.
- This statement applies to our customer personal information practices in our stores, on our websites, mobile applications and through other interactions with you.
Personal Information Collected
- Personal Information includes your name, address, age, income, date of birth, gender, financial information and credit records, as well as your opinions, preferences and purchase patterns.
- We obtain information directly from you from when you apply for or purchase a product or a service or enroll in the Canadian Tire loyalty reward program or other loyalty or preferred customer programs that may exist from time to time (each a Loyalty Program). We also obtain information through your other interactions with us, such as surveys, websites activities, call monitoring and contests.
- We may obtain information with your consent from third parties, such as your credit history which is obtained from credit bureaus.
- Your personal information is only used or disclosed for the purpose for which it was collected or as otherwise permitted or required by law, for example with credit bureaus, regulators and law enforcement agencies.
- We do not sell or rent personal information. We only transfer your personal information within Canadian Tire and to current or future Partners in the Loyalty Program or other loyalty or preferred customer programs.
- We use your personal information in order to process your application for a product, service or Loyalty Program and administer delivery of products, services and loyalty rewards. We also use your information to better understand your product and service needs and to offer relevant information, products, services, rewards and programs, and advertising to meet those needs. Your purchases and other transactions, shopping patterns, account activity and payment history is tracked and analyzed for marketing analysis purposes, tailored promotional offers to you and providing you with relevant advertisements. For a full list of why we collect your personal information, see our Privacy Charter and FAQ.
- We only provide your personal information within Canadian Tire and across our various businesses, with current or future Partners in a Loyalty Program, with carefully selected marketing or advertising partners, and with third party service providers for the administration of certain promotional activities, and to ensure your needs are met and you are receiving optimum value from your participation in a Loyalty Program.
- We may transfer your Personal Information within Canadian Tire and to third party service providers who assist us in serving you, such as vendors, suppliers and agents; however, we require them to protect your information in a manner consistent with our Privacy Charter. Our service providers may be located outside of Canada and may be required to disclose personal information under the laws of their jurisdiction.
- You may access, update or correct your personal information that we have in our custody or control by submitting a written request to us.
- If you decide that you do not want your personal information used or shared for marketing products and services to you, you may opt out of receiving promotional offers and contests at any time by calling us toll-free at 1-866-846-5841 or email us at email@example.com. For marketing offers sent by email, you may withdraw your consent by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in each of our email communications.
How to Reach Us
PRIVACY INQUIRIES AND REQUESTS – HOW TO REACH US
GENERAL PRIVACY INQUIRIES
For general privacy inquiries or to opt out of receiving communications from us you may contact us through email, by phone or in writing. You may also opt out of receiving further communications by clicking "unsubscribe" at the bottom of any electronic message you have received from us.
BY EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
BY FAX: 403-717-1490
FGL Sports Ltd
110 - 205 Quarry Park Blvd SE
Calgary, AB T2C 3E7
Attention: Privacy Officer
All requests for details regarding what personal information we have collected and maintain about you must be made in writing and submitted by mail or fax.
SPORT CHEK MASTERCARD PRIVACY INQUIRIES
For privacy inquiries related to your Sport Chek MasterCard you may contact us by phone, email or in writing as follows:
BY PHONE: 1-866-846-5841
BY EMAIL: email@example.com
Canadian Tire 3475 Superior Court
Oakville, ON, L6L 0C6
Re: Privacy Inquiries
All requests for details regarding what personal information we have collected and maintain about you concerning your Sport Chek MasterCard must be made in writing and submitted by mail.